Day Of Pain

'Ello
    Today isn't a very good day for me. It started out when I woke up around 7:00 AM. I got up and wasn't feeling very hungry, so I just grab some toast. I go on the computer while I eat my toast. Suddenly, my Mom yells "Annie! It's time to go!". I now remember what she was talking about. I was supposed to get my TDAP shot for middle school. Today was the day. The TDAP shot is a tetanus booster. All 6th graders where I live have to get it. OUCH! I HATE SHOTS!! I quickly got my clothes on and jumped in the car. The place opened at 7:30 AM and we got there at 7:35 AM. There were already 14 people in front of us. My Mom signed all the forms and we went to the waiting room. They didn't start calling anyone until around 8:30. We were just sitting there....doing nothing. After a long time of waiting, at 9:10 my Mom had to be more money in the meter. She went as fast as she could...but when she was gone they called my name. I walked over and told them my Mom was just putting more money in the meter. They made me sit down and wait for the next person. My Mom came in just a few seconds later. I told her we have to wait and she stood up and walked over to the nurses. After she told them she was back and ready, they let us go with another nurse. We walked to a room and we sat down. There was 2 nurses, one holding the door and one talking to us. They left to go get the vaccine. I was already practicing squeezing my Moms hand. They came back with the needle and explained what it was. They gave me the shot and I was squeezing my Moms hand so so so hard. "Ow....." I said softly as she slowing pressing the vaccine in. "It will sting for a minute, ok?" one nurse said. "Yeah, I feel it." I replied back. When we finally were done, we walked out of the building with my arm hurting whenever I moved it. We got home and I got ready for the next round of pain...

    At 10:30 AM, I had an orthodontist appointment. They were going to put in my spacers and next week...BRACES! When we got home, I grabbed some salad, cheese, and some yummy other stuff. At 10:20, we were in the car. We got there just in time. I signed in. I was called only minutes after. I walked in and took a seat. The dentist assistant (or whatever they are) just came over with some super small blue rubber bands. I opened my mouth as she inserted the rubber bands inbetween my teeth. She put 2 on the bottom and 2 on the top. They felt like pieces of meat that I couldn't get out. They were super annoying. The orthodontist came and talked my Mom about next week. He said I would be getting braces next week. Then we left with a sheet of paper telling me about spacers. On our way home, they didn't hurt. They were just annoying. I read the paper. It said that after 2 hours, they would start to hurt and get sore. They were totally right! After about 2 hours, my mouth started to really hurt. My mouth was super sore and it hurt to just talk and open my mouth. Around the same time, I got a small fever from the vaccine. The pain sort of went away after I had an Advil. The fever went away after I had the Advil too. The whole day so far has been long and painful.....I can't wait till tomorrow..

:(

Annie

PS pIx TiMe

0 comments: